As of February 10th 2023 available for PRE-ORDER. Delivery expected in end of February 2023
Willspeed are happy and excited to announce to release the all new successor to the RF2 platform.. the RF3!
Progressing on a successful 4 years since the incarnation of the RF2 conversion platform, utilizing the same principles and philosophies now proven we took the design back to basics to keep the same integral properties but improve on further adjustability, tunability and durability resulting in an all new platform, we introduce the RF3.
- Chassis – Swept cut for more clearance, billet kick up section
- Gearbox – Rear subframe structure, M4 mounting, dust seal/lock lip, new idlers
- Motor Mount – Stronger, M4 mounting
- Rear Tower – Unique construction, low frontal area, cool wing mounting
- Roll bar/link mount – got roll bar mount, vertical ball stud with finer length adjustment
- Bodyshell – All new, much lower, cab profile reduced
What's Included -
- 1x Billet Aluminium Main Chassis
- 1x Billet Aluminium Chassis Kick Up Section (Machined Bend)
- 1x 5 Gear Billet Aluminium Transmission Case
- 1x Billet Aluminium Motor Mount
- 2x Carbon Fibre Tower Uprights
- 1x Billet Aluminium Rear Shock Mount
- 1x Billet Aluminium Rear Link Vertical Ball Stud Mount
- 3x Machined Idler Gear with premium ball bearings
- 1x RF3 Raven Bodyshell
- 1x O Ring Battery Mount Set
- 1x Willspeed RF3 Decal Sheet
- 1x Hardware Pack
What's required to complete -
- 1x Associated B6.4 Buggy Kit
- Complete electronics (servo, ESC, receiver, transponder) and tires
- Body provided clear and requires painting
What's the aim/benefit of the Willspeed RF3 conversion?
The Willspeed RF3 conversion platform was designed and manufactured by engineers and racers alike for the true ultimate in performance on medium to high traction surfaces.
The RF3 design focus's on moving the weight bias forwards by utilizing a 5 gear transmission - this allows the motor position to be moved further forwards creating a smaller located area of main mass which aids to control weight transfer.
The billet aluminum tub chassis is the ultimate in chassis design, the centre of gravity is super low, the chassis self integrally stiff. The aluminum selected for its natural dampening properties this not only allows for an incredibly agile platform its also super predictable.
The end result, a platform that not only loves corner speed but it is also dependable and predictable lap after lap making going fast, easy.
What about all that Aluminum, must be so heavy right?
Not at all, we build race cars and race cars must be kept light! All our products are carefully processed through the CAD and CAM stages, ensuring they are designed in a manor to maintain low weight but retain high strength.
The RF3 conversion as a ready to race complete car typically weighs in at 1500g with a full size shorty LIPO and Schumacher tires - comparable and more often lighter than the standard car.
Please note- pictures show prototype car with electronics installed
Willspeed AE B6.4 RF3 Buggy Conversion Kit
- Brand: Willspeed
- Product Code: W3200
- Availability: Backorder